We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue any portion of the Website at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or the entire Website without notice or liability.
2. Representations and Undertakings
Being a part of the International Chess University, you accept upon yourself certain rules of conduct and standards, among which you undertake the following:
- You will not give your password to anyone. You will not share your account. You are the only person allowed to use your account. Specifically, you will not allow other people to use your account for chatting, observing events, playing games, or for any other purpose. You will not use any account which does not belong to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that IChessU has the right to monitor such activity and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold IChessU harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, causes of action or damages (including attorney’s fees) arising from IChessU’s exercise of its rights herein.
- You will behave decently toward other players, and will not harm the atmosphere by:
- Intentionally disconnecting in a lost position or disconnecting in order to analyze the position.
- Refusing to resume an adjourned game when the opponent asks.
- Intentionally losing games or resigning games when you are not lost.
- Using a computer without telling the administrators or without putting a note in your finger, or without getting your account added to the computer list.
- Allowing another person besides you use your account, using another player’s account or playing rated games against yourself on a second account, even if it is your account.
- Receiving help from another player or computer while playing a rated game.
- Playing the same line over and over against a computer, to gain rating points. We will edit your rating to whatever we feel is reasonable if you do this.
- You will not copy, or in anyway display, reproduce, distribute, modify, or transmit the contents of the International Chess University without prior written permission of IChessU.
- You will not use the International Chess University for commercial purposes. You will not use the International Chess University for advertising of any sort without prior written permission of IChessU.
The International Chess University makes reasonable efforts to create and preserve an enjoyable atmosphere. The opinions expressed by club members and guests are not necessarily those of IChessU. IChessU is not responsible for any communications posted by International Chess University members and guests and you acknowledged that IChessU does not have the obligation to monitor such communications. Any communication or material that you transmit to the International Chess University by e-mail or otherwise, will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting communication and playing games on the International Chess University, you automatically grant IChessU a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights. Furthermore, IChessU is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication that you send to the International Chess University for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
IChessU will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep the services offered on the International Chess University available at all times. You understand that from time to time, routine maintenance and installation of new features may be necessary, and will result in short periods that the services may be unavailable (down-time). If the amount of cumulative down-time in any calendar year exceeds 4 days (96 hours), IChessU will provide members in good standing with a free extension of their membership equal to double the amount of down-time. This will only include down-time resulting from IChessU’s programs, IChessU’s computers, and the International Chess University?s Internet site. IChessU is not responsible for general failure of the Internet, routers, or member’s computer systems beyond its control.
4. Intellectual Property
IChessU has the exclusive right, title and interest to the contents of the International Chess University site, including without limitation, IChessU’s trademark, service marks, copyrights and other intellectual property (the “Proprietary Rights”), unless otherwise specified therein. Except as provided herein, you acknowledge that you are not granted by implication, estoppels or other means any license or right to use the International Chess University site. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by IChessU. All contents of the International Chess University site are: Copyright 2006 IChessU Limited. All rights reserved.