Every new skill needs a mentor. You can either develop that skill on your own or walk on a guided path to become better very fast and earn credits. The same stands true when it comes to chess. It is life for the aficionados. They learn new moves, feel elated to use them, and befuddle the opponents. If you want to become a chess player, you will surely need a chess mentor. Here is how to find the ideal chess coach:
Why Choose a Real Chess Mentor Instead of Software
You will find myriads of options related to chess academies and coaches if you search online. The best way to get the ideal chess coach is to find the right platform online. The prime reasons for going online to find the right chess mentor are:
- Convenience to do classes
- You can choose a level of chess coaching
- You can also choose a mentor
All you have to do is to find the online chess training platform. Either seek a reference or start taking a test run in the online portals. There are a plethora of options available to seek test classes. Here is what you need to consider while looking for the right chess mentor online.
Check the credibility of the online mentors and compare them. This is the prime factor that will give you the right track to follow. The more experienced a mentor is the better you can learn tips, moves, and tricks from that person.
- How he teaches
Another factor to consider is how a chess mentor teaches online. This is a game that tests patience, perseverance, logical thinking, and knowledge of moves at the same time. It all depends on how the chess coach helps you develop such skills.
Follow these tips to find and choose the right chess coach online.
Why the Selection of Mentors is Important
Learning chess can be challenging without guidance from a knowledgeable person who knows the game. For this reason, it makes sense to find a seasoned chess mentor if you want to master it and become a better player. Also known as the chess coach, this person is responsible for teaching you the game in a better light. With their guidance, you should be able to analyze your moves, learn chess openings, and implement strategies like the ones used by professional players.
Mentors will give you answers, problems, and feedback on every move, too, so that you may improve your skills as you go along. Selecting a mentor may be challenging, but you can consider remembering and following these points to make the process simpler and yield good results:
- Look up mentors online Visit chess forums and online training websites where chess players converge to study and play chess. Ask for tips and recommendations. A good chess mentor must be able to teach you in your preferred language so you can learn in the best possible way.
- Get to know the mentor Learn about the chess coach’s background and experience in both the game and mentoring. Consider someone who has been playing chess for decades. Some of the best instructors are international masters themselves who have helped fellow champions, too.
- Find a mentor that specializes in your skill level Coaches may be specialized in certain skill levels, as they have the knowledge and experience in working with certain types of learners. So if you are a beginner, consider a chess mentor who has a good track record of working with beginners like yourself. The same goes if you are an intermediate or an advanced learner, but with focus on a challenging coach who can train you further and challenge you with harder games.
- Learn about the learning environment Where will the classes be held? Consider a chess mentor who can hold classes online, so you do not have to worry about meeting in person, especially both of you live far apart.
Start Learning From Anywhere in the World
Chess is among the widely played board games. There may be a lot of instructional materials to help get you started and learn the basics, but if you are serious about learning it, it pays to have your own chess mentor to guide you. The best mentor to have is a professional chess coach with a lot of experience in guiding and teaching new, intermediate, and experienced players alike. Chess mentors traditionally delivered their lessons in classrooms or physical settings, but now, it is possible to study chess online.
Online chess continues to be widely appreciated worldwide for the convenience it brings to all kinds of learners and their respective coaches. It brings learning everywhere, regardless of time or place, as long as there is an available web-connected device. It simplifies the learning experience, too, as it does not require learners to commute to or drive to a physical venue for classes. Moreover, it provides a more convenient way to play the game when it gives students more time to learn and master it than moving or arranging the pieces on the chessboard.
Chess Mentors Help Beginner And Advanced Players
That said, chess mentors have found online learning to be more beneficial and capable of advancing the learning experience. They are able to provide lessons to more learners, too, due to the wide reach of the internet. The lessons are delivered in small groups and private lessons, depending on the learning needs and preferences of children and adults. You could even find a chess mentor for learners with special needs.
Learning chess has become more effective to more avid learners, regardless of whether you are new to the game or trying to master it. Even professional chess players seek chess mentors to work with them and increase their chances of winning and becoming better at the game. Chess rules may be standard, but openings and strategies continue to evolve. So, it’s important for every player to be able to keep up with the latest developments and learn them to become better at chess. A chess mentor will be helpful in fulfilling that objective. Moreover, they help foster a fun and engaging online environment to learn chess.
Behind a good chess player is a great good coach. A real chess mentor goes beyond just helping the player learn and master all the basics of the game, more importantly, he or she makes sure that the student develops good critical thinking abilities. If you are interested in hiring a chess coach, there are several characteristics to look for.
1. First, a chess mentor should be patient. Patient enough to take the time to explain how every move matters. After all, each move has equal capacity to change the face of the game. Some coaches rush into the lessons and move on to the next module even though the student hasn’t completely grasped the concept. Stay away from those types of instructors. You want someone who lets you ask as many questions as you need. A good chess mentor will take the time to ensure that you have mastered a certain strategy before moving on to the next step.
2. A good coach will be able to see if your needs are different from other students and will make adjustments as necessary. Evaluation is one of the key factors in coaching lessons. Proper evaluation is the basis of a positive mentoring relationship that truly allows you to grow and develop into a better player.
3. A coach should also be creative to make the lessons interesting enough to hold your attention. It’s essential for a chess coach to be a good motivator to keep students interested in the game and urge them to continue on studying it. This may involve signing you up for online games and tournaments.
Online chess coaching sites can offer you various coaching plans to choose from. Some coaching sites even allow you to cancel the plan anytime. Schedule your first online class at your most convenient time now.